Dr. Charles E. Gavin Memorial Foundation - Medical Studies Award
The Dr. Charles E. Gavin Memorial Foundation Medical Studies Award gives financial support and personal encouragement to selected persons who are committed to study for a medical degree in a college or university.
CRITERIA: In selecting persons, special attention is given to:
- Evidence of personal integrity and excellence;
- Evidence of academic accomplishment and intellectual ability;
- Evidence of a concern for ethical and moral values;
- Evidence of determination to achieve a life of service;
- Evidence of the motivation, discipline, and purpose to complete medical training.
ELIGIBILITY: The student selected:
- Must be United States citizen from the South Suburban area of Metropolitan Chicago
- Must meet certain economic guidelines based on need and family history;
- Must be accepted at an accredited medical school.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Completed application materials must be mailed to the Dr. Charles E. Gavin Memorial Foundation Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 368, Park Forest, IL60466, postmarked by April 28, 2017.
FINANCIAL ARRANGEMENTS: The award is for $10,000.00 over two years assuming satisfactory progress toward the medical degree. Equal installments of $5,000.00 for each year payable through the school’s financial aid office for two (2) consecutive years.